Junior & Senior Infants
The following is a list of some suggestions for educational activities that junior and senior infants can engage in during the school closure:
- Literacy – Enjoy plenty of stories together, discuss the stories, discuss the pictures/characters/covers of books, ask your child questions on stories, ask them to retell such stories, invite them and encourage them to read along themselves where they can, practice words, practice writing your name and members of your family, writing lists, drawing, colouring
- Phonics – Revising letter sounds and actions, words that begin with _____, what does _____ begin with, sounding out words, practice writing letters, names, sentences (senior infants)
- Maths – Any opportunity for maths in the home, e.g counting, making sets, sorting and arranging things in size order/by colours, shape hunt, writing numbers
- Art – Painting, crafts, playdoh, cutting and gluing, drawing, colouring, junk art
- Games – Board games, card games, snakes and ladders, I-Spy, Simon Says, making up new imaginative games, construction games, jigsaws, dice games, Lego, blocks
- Ensure children are getting plenty of time to play, move and have fun, both indoors and outdoors. GoNoodle has lots of exercise and movement videos you can try.