We are delighted to welcome back our swimmers for the new term 23/24
Reminder that The Chess Club reopens on Wednesday 27th September 2023
Dance resumes Tuesday 26th September 2023
Lego Workshops in October 2023
GREEN SCHOOLS COMITTEE BLOG
Hi everyone our 6th class Green School Committee members [Rachel O’Keeffe and Sarah Horgan] would like to show what we have done in the past while and what we plan to do in the coming year.
Our recent activities:
2nd to 6th class made creative posters to remind us to use natural light, turn off the lights, turn down the heat and turn off the taps. Well done to everybody!
And make sure to check out our 6th class eco house projects!
Stay tuned for more exciting projects happening in 2020, such as Climate Action Day and our upcoming Walk on Wednesday challenge!
St. Mary’s N.S. Energy Statement
Our school is dedicated to implementing energy efficient practices, recognising that this is essential to provide a leading example to our pupils and the wider community.
We are committed to the following:
- Continual improvement in reducing our energy usage
- Complying with all energy and other legislation
- Minimising the impact that our energy use has on the environment
- Communication of our energy statement and energy programme to all staff, students and parents
- Regularly updating our energy action plan and reviewing our progress so far
- Involving staff, pupils, children and the wider community in our energy awareness programme
- Saving money by using less energy and meeting our energy targets
- Encouraging one another to follow the guidelines set out by our ‘Energy Code’ which is clearly displayed in every room in the school.